The critical ingredient is ensuring that all the stakeholders are trained on the new solution. This includes the administrators, lab personnel, managers, and any others in your organization that will be utilizing the LIMS or its information.
There are almost 3 LIMS training models to adopt:
- Tailored LIMS training: to realize the biggest benefits from your LIMS training and enhance your LIMS adoption and utilization rates, it is a best practice to have customized, tailored training materials and courses developed with which to train your stakeholders.
- Role based LIMS training: a customized role-based LIMS training courses and materials have the benefit that only the features and functions that are pertinent to each role (i.e. manager, scientist, technician, info consumer) will be covered in each course, creating a better and more effective training set.
- Training on the job: a great benefit is due to the fact that key users can train on the job end users, in this case experienced profile are who is able to provide the highest impactful training and at the same time improve the sharing of information into the lab employees.
To optimize the learning and adoption of the LIMS training for your personnel, it is a best practice to provide a variety of delivery mechanisms and styles when developing your tailored LIMS training materials and courses, such as:
- Classroom with exercises
- Computer based, video oriented, self-paced training
- Workshop style, hands-on training
- Training courses with different tools that end with exams or certification