In 2005, the European Rule 178/02 made it compulsory for all operators within the food industry (manufacturing, distributors, conveyors and wholesalers) to adopt systems and procedures that allow the traceability of food throughout the supply chain, or rather, the process that allows others to reconstruct the history of the product “from the table to the field.”
Food & beverage producers need to adopt systems and procedures for the constant monitoring of the production processes, from the supply chain through to the product distribution. In such processes, the analytical data is fundamental when appraising and checking the quality of the products. Quality control laboratories must analyse several hundred raw materials, semi-finished and end products, with a set of tests for each one. Systems used by many quality control laboratories revealed inadequate activity management because they were unduly rigid and difficult to integrate with other business processes.
Eusoft.Lab offers significant benefits to companies operating within the Food and Beverage Industry, including:
- Shorter sample recording and automatic barcode label generation for samples of raw materials, semi-finished and finished products to allow full traceability of data.
- LIMS integration with laboratory instruments and automatic acquisition of results within the system provides increased data reliability compared to manual transcription.
- Immediate availability of data and the automatic submission to the users responsible for result approval.
- Real-time sharing of data with other business processes, through statistical processing and publication of results through the web, enables ease of management of non-compliance with specification limits defined for raw materials, semi-finished and finished products.
- Regulatory compliance with rules and regulations of various origins, including UNI CEI EN ISO / IEC 17025, ISO 9001.
- Data transfer from Information Management Systems and business intelligence systems for decision support at various levels.
- Warehouse product management, through a special module that allows you to track orders, load and withdraw products, indicate those under-stock, expiring or expired products.
- Equipment management action plans to ensure continued functionality and preventive and corrective maintenance, ensuring adherence to quality regulations.
- Task Scheduling allows you to configure the self-control plans (roadmaps) directly into LIMS defining analytical plans for different product types and frequency of analysis execution.
- The use of a handheld device for the insertion of the results from the production line.
- Data management for multi-location users who speak different languages
- Integration with management software for import and/or export of data to analytical process, production and administrative accounting.
To find out how Eusoft can help your laboratory, call +44 (0)1423 813521 or visit: www.eusoft.co.uk for further information.