SOFTWARE TO MONITOR PRODUCTION PROCESSES AND ANALYTICAL DATA
In 2005, European Rule 178/02 made it compulsory for all operators in the food industry (manufacturing, distributors, conveyors and wholesalers) to adopt systems and procedures which show the traceability of food throughout the supply chain. This means anyone should be able to reconstruct the history of the product ‘from the table to the field’.
The food and beverage industry has strict standards to make sure quality and safety standards are met. Producers need to adopt systems and processes so the production process can be constantly monitored, from the supply chain through to distribution.
The analytical data is fundamental to checking the quality of the products. Quality control laboratories have to analyse hundreds of raw materials, semi-finished and end products, with a set of tests for each one. Systems used by many quality control laboratories have been found to be inadequate because they were too inflexible and difficult to integrate with other business processes.
Manual data entry takes up a lot of time and increases the possibility for errors. Quality control laboratories need to have a system that allows the transition of results in real time, helping inform those responsible for making strategic decisions.
Using EuSoft.Lab’s LIMS system has a lot of benefits for companies in the food and beverage industry, including:
- Quicker sample recording and automatic barcode label generation for samples of raw materials, semi-finished and finished products to allow full traceability of data.
- Integration with laboratory instruments and automatic acquisition of results within the system meaning data is more reliable than it would be with manual data entry.
- Data is immediately available and is automatically submitted to the relevant users for approval.
- Real time sharing of data with other business process, through statistical processing and online publication of results, making it easier to manage results that are non-compliant within specification limits.
- Compliant with regulations including UNI CEI EN ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO 9001.
- Transfer data from Information Management System (IMS) and business intelligence systems to inform decision making.
- Manage warehouse products through a special module which allows you to track orders, load and withdraw products, flag up those that are running low, expiring or expired.
- Equipment management action plans to make sure your equipment is always working and adheres to quality regulations.
- Task scheduling which means you can configure plans (roadmaps) directly into the LIMS, defining analytical plans for different product types and frequency of carrying out analysis.
- Use a handheld device to insert results directly from the production line.
- Data management for users from multiple locations using different languages.
- Integration with management software so you can import and export data to use with analytical processes, production and accounting.